A traditional specification, single-ply, non-laminated, virgin grade blown polythene material. It is designed for use as an air leakage barrier and vapour control layer (AVCL) in insulated wall, roof and floor applications. It is particularly suitable for use in residential timber frame applications as it is 2.7 m wide. It must be installed in conjunction with the Novia two-tape sealing system to provide a fully airtight seal.
- Air-leakage barrier and vapour control layer (AVCL).
- Supplied centre-folded in 2.7 m width, ideal for timber frames.
- Virgin grade high quality material.
- CE approved and CPR compliant.
- Complies with BS EN 13984.
- Easy to install, can see battens (translucent green tint).
- Minimizes interstitial condensation.
- Improves the insulation performance.
- Low cost solution.
- Helps buildings to meet BS 5250.
- Install with Novia two tape sealing system.
- Ideal for use with Novia breather membranes in insulated frame applications.
500 gauge/125 micron thickness
All Novia® VCL products should be 100% fully sealed to the structure using a Novia® double-sided butyl tape, and one of the foil or BOPP lap tapes to professionally complete the installation. The wider the tape used, the stronger the final seal will be, and the easier it will be to install.
Novia® recommends the 30 mm wide butyl tape and 60 mm metallized BOPP tape for all standard VCL installations.