As seen Channel 4's Grad Designs, Eco Systems have introduced a new 100% recycled roofing slate to the UK market which is set to revolutionise the entire roofing industry. Working in conjunction with the direct manufacturer NewTech, we offer a state of the art formulation which provides a strong, pliable and attractive roofing option for your home or building application.
100% Recycled self-bonding roof slate/shingle. The slate has the unique flexibility to be used for valleys and ridges. There is no need for custom-made accessories because every slate can be cut and set to any angle or size you need. Note that as the slate/shingles are manufactured from 100% recycled material then there may be a very slight colour variation due to the materials used. However, in real terms our customers have advised us that this feature only adds to producing what is a more natural and authentic slate appearance.
A unique advantage that distinguishes these slates from any other synthetic slate on the market is that they are self-bonding, this allows them to bond together once installed creating one membrane. The benefit of this process gives you a stronger, more pliable solid membrane that leaves you with a roof that is wind and weather resistant even at low pitches and better insulated.
The installation process is very simple as the slates are fitted straight onto plyboard or oriented strand board (OSB), no roof battens are required, a standard breathable underlay and then nailed down in two places using the relevant size copper, stainless steel or hot-dipped galvanised nails: it’s that easy.
Over a period of time the slate will self-bond together forming a solid membrane on your roof. This process has no specific timescale as it relies on sunlight, and therefore bonds faster during the summer months than the winter months. This process makes the installation much more cost effective as it takes less than half the time to install than traditional slate, all without any damage or breakages and problems associated with real slate.
Features & Benefits
- BBA Certified
- Quick & easy to install
- Ideal for low pitches down to 10°
- Self bonding
- Recycled & recyclable (plastic)
- Class “A’’ fire rated (BS476.Part 3)
- No breakages, no waste
- 50 year non-prorated warranty
- No maintenance (no moss or mildew)
- Can be used for ridges, valleys & caps
- Improves insulation to a roof more than traditional slate
- Un-breakable, cannot be vandalised, Class 4 impact rating
- Cuts with a knife or snips
- Easy to install with roof windows or solar panels
- The slate is designed to withstand winds of 110mph
- 20° pitch = 17 slates per m2, 11.39 Kgs/m2
- 15-20° pitch = 19 slates per m2, 12.73 Kgs/m2 1
- 0-15° pitch = 22 per m2. 14.74 Kgs/m2
- 34 Slates per pack
- 2m2 per pack